Finch is looking for a dynamic individual who has the ability to think critically and completely understand a process from start to finish to join our growing company. They need to be able to not only reconcile an account and make journal entries but be able to understand and articulate how and why. They need to be able to apply analytical review of their work and must have great attention detail. In addition, this individual must be comfortable working cross-functionally with various departments of the company. This role will help maintain General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the company, and be responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The position reports to the Controller. The position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Customer invoicing and assist with Accounts Receivable collections.
- Process and maintain Accounts Payable.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Resolve AR & AP issues and discrepancies.
- GL and account reconciliations.
- Month end closing tasks.
- Work with Controller to refine systems and processes to support company growth.
- Record monthly accruals and amortizations.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years accounting experience for a high-growth company with $10 million or greater in annual revenues.
- Proficiency in MS Excel; experience with Google Docs also a plus.
- Ability to communicate, and work well with all levels of management in the company.
- Experience with QuickBooks Accounting software is a plus, multi-currency accounting also a plus
WHY work for Finch?
- Culturally driven office
- Excellent benefits: medical, dental, 401K, flex spending,
- Open PTO
- Located in the heart of Sugarhouse near Sugarhouse Park, Sprague Library, Whole Foods
- Office bikes available to take out on breaks
About The Finch Team
Finch is a privately held, fast growing, profitable company. Google EMEA recently awarded Finch with BEST SHOPPING PERFORMANCE of 2016. Finch is the only agency to be featured in Google's economic impact report. In 2013, Finch was listed as the 145th fastest growing private company in the US (Inc 500). We are a small team of experienced industry experts who love to solve hard problems and have fun in the process. We are extremely passionate and have a work environment based on trust and integrity.
Finch offers a very attractive compensation plan, benefits, flexible work hours, and a truly unique work environment. At Finch trust, transparency, and integrity are our core values.