To use Google Analytics, you need to sync the data sharing between your Analytics and AdWords accounts.
To sync your accounts, follow these 2 steps:
- Link your Analytics and AdWords accounts: http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033961.
- Import your goals and transactions from Analytics, and map them into AdWords: http://adwords.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105598.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Conversions do not show up in AdWords immediately - there is some time lag.
- Make sure you do not count your conversions twice (double count) when using AdWords and Analytics at the same time for the same conversions, using the same tracking purpose. In this case Finch can segment by conversions and use one code or the other (or pick specifically which of the conversion codes you want us to use for optimization).Please contact Finch when making changes to your conversion setup to ensure that we manage your campaigns accurately.
- Conversions are not imported retroactively when Analytics is linked to AdWords — they will only show up in AdWords going forward after the integration is done.